- Making a difference in the quality of life for women and children, locally and globally
- Opening doors to friendships and associations with other women locally, and around the world.
- Belonging to an international organization representing a diversity of occupations affording you a global perspective on women’s issues.
- Providing service to individuals and their families through personal service or by fundraising to support important service projects at local and international levels
- Enriching your life personally by sharing talents to make the world a better place
- Developing leadership skills with opportunities for growth at local, district, and the international level
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to join?
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 18. We enthusiastically welcome new members who are willing to commit time to service and advocacy projects in our community, and are willing to contribute to, and raise money for, local and international projects that benefit women.
What are my responsibilities?
Attend club meetings and club events. Participate actively in meetings. Commit time and skill to committee work. Identify and suggest prospective members. Financially support the programs funded by the Zonta International Foundation.
What does it cost to become a member of the Zonta Club of Owen Sound?
Our year runs from from June 1 to May 31 the following year. For a new member that is $US106 (Paid to Zonta International), + US23 (District Dues) or approximately $176 Canadian. (This includes a $US15 one-time new member fee. From December 1 to May 31 there is a 1/2 year new member fee. ($US 62 to Zonta International + $13 to district = $US15 = approximately $103 Canadian.
For Details of Local Projects See What We Do
Join Us …
Membership in Zonta International and the Zonta Club of Owen Sound is a rewarding experience. We are part of an international organization dedicated to advancing the status of women locally and globally.
We gather at a dinner meeting once a month to stay informed, plan our activities, and prepare for our future efforts. Of course, there is an opportunity to socialize with like-minded people. We are meeting at Stone Tree. The cost for dinner is $25.00
Please consider joining us as a guest at one of our dinner meetings. Third Wednesday every month.
Zonta Club of Owen Sound
135 Almur Dr.
Georgian Bluffs, ON N0H 2T0