Areas in the past that the service committee was pleased to provide financial assistance from our discretionary service funds include the following examples:
- we supported women and young women who are in need;
- we supported a woman with serious health issues by helping to fund the purchase of a hospital type of bed, so she could continue her recovery at home;
- we contributed funds to other Zonta Clubs in Ontario to support their assembly of Birthing kits;
- we matched our speaker’s honorarium to purchase a Family Kit to assist a family in Africa, through Give International.
In addition, we continue to fund our traditional projects. These include:
- Science awards at elementary schools,
- wreath for Remembrance Day,
- literacy program through Scrabble Tournament,
- adoption of a magazine at the Library for teen female readers,
- The Women’s Centre
- International Projects of Zonta.